The Walcon Marine “System 21” pontoon design has been in use in marinas and yacht harbours around the world for well over 40 years and continues to be a market-leader to this day.
This ever-popular pontoon design has been refined and improved over many years of manufacture, implementation and testing and uses a galvanised steel frame supported on fibre-reinforced concrete floats.
“System 21” is a modular pontoon system with floating walkways, platforms and finger pontoons available to fit the majority of marinas and harbours. It offers the following design features:
- A hot-dip galvanised welded steel structure, to BS EN ISO 1461
- Polystyrene floats encased in fibre-reinforced concrete
- Finger pontoons adjustable in position at 500mm centres
- Hardwood or GRP mesh decking and hardwood fenders
- Full provision for all the service requirements of modern marinas
- Reinforced versions providing higher freeboards, greater live load specification and bespoke solutions also available
Durable steel structure
The combination of welded frame units using BS EN 10025 grade steel and flexible connections gives a robust and durable design. Additional or alternative paint treatments can also be specified.
Easy access to services
“System 21” floating pontoons are designed and built to allow easy access to cables, connections and service supply infrastructure. Pontoon walkways can be fitted with continuous ducts along either or both sides to allow direct access without the need to remove the decking, or fully decked should the client prefer.
The standard range of interconnected units is comprised of walkway and finger units with a nominal freeboard of 500mm and a draft of 300mm.
The walkway units are ideal for use for the main access and piers of a marina as well as for many other pontoon applications. Standard lengths are 11.46 and 7.46 metres, and standard widths are 1.64, 1.93 and 2.53 metres over fender. We can also fabricate virtually any length and width to suit specific requirements.
Current TYHA guidelines recommend a minimum finger pontoon length of 75% of the length of the boat to be berthed. Walcon Marine can supply a wide range of finger pontoon lengths and widths.
Economy fingers – lightweight mooring arms are available as an alternative to 4.5 and 6.0 metre fingers.
System 21 pontoons photo gallery
STEEL ARTICULATING FINGER PONTOONS
Our steel articulating floating finger pontoons have been developed specifically for locations with limited water level variation and can be found installed against quay walls in rivers or harbours. Steel articulating finger pontoons are comprised of a galvanised steel frame with a hardwood deck and are supported on concrete floats.
Our steel articulating finger pontoon has the following features:
- All welded mild steel structure using BS EN 10025 grade steel
- Hot-dip galvanised to EN ISO 1461
- Expanded polystyrene floats encased in fibre reinforced concrete
- Hardwood decks and fenders (GRP mesh decking also available)
- Articulating pontoon joints
- Live load of 1.25kN/m²
Articulating Finger Pontoons Photo Gallery
Due to a policy of continuous product development, Walcon reserve the right to change specifications without prior notice.