The original Walcon Marine System 21 floating pontoon design is still a market leader and has been in use in marinas and yacht harbours around the world for over 35 years.
This ever-popular pontoon design uses a galvanised steel frame with a hardwood deck supported on fibre concrete floats and is still widely used. We have refined and improved the details of the design over many years of manufacture, implementation and testing.
System 21 is a modular pontoon system with floating walkways, platforms, and finger pontoons to fit most sheltered water marinas and has the following design features:
- All-welded mild steel structure with a heavy duty 180x75 channel on all floating walkways.
- The pontoon structure is hot-dip galvanised in one piece to EN ISO 1461.
- Expanded polystyrene floats encased in fibre concrete.
- A modular pontoon system suitable for most marina and yacht harbour layouts.
- Finger pontoons adjustable in position at 500mm centres.
- Hardwood deck and fenders.
- Full provision for the increasingly complex service requirements of modern marinas.
- Various freeboards and live loadings available.
Durable steel structure
System 21 is one of the strongest floating pontoon designs for marinas. It can also be used for large-scale boat show events; for many years it has formed the temporary marinas at the Southampton International Boat Show.
The combination of welded frame units and flexible connections give a robust and durable design. Where galvanising is not considered adequate, such as in more corrosive environments than the United Kingdom, an additional or alternative paint treatment can be specified.
System 21 floating pontoons are designed and built to reduce the cost of maintenance and servicing through easy access to cables and connections. Pontoon walkways may be fitted with continuous ducts along both sides giving direct access to marina services and pontoon connections without removing the decking.
Due to a policy of continuous product development, Walcon reserve the right to change specifications without prior notice.